This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to gain a valid teaching qualification.
Course Duration: Typically 25 Days
This qualification is eligible for funding.
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
Name: AoFAQ LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE EDUCATION AND TRAINING (RQF)
National Qualification Number: 601/7821/8
Guided Learning Hours: 204 (this qualification requires a minimum of 24 classroom hrs.)
Class size maximum: 12 Learners (1 Trainer)
* No charge is made for Learners who have failed to attain required standard to receive the award.
Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
Unit 2: Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners
Unit 3: Delivering Education and Training
Unit4: Assessing Learners in Education and Training
Unit 5: Using Resources for Education and Training
This qualification is assessed by the following means:
1. Portfolio of Evidence
2. Practical Demonstration/Assignment
Multiple choice questions are used to assess the learners underpinning knowledge. Question papers are available from the compliance department. Please read the instructions carefully.
AoFAQ Centre and Trainer Support Materials
The following is exclusively available from AoFAQ to support the qualification:
- This gives details of all the Learning Outcomes with Assessment Criteria and full requirements for the qualification.
Trainer, Assessor and IQA Requirements
Trainer, Assessor Requirements
- Evidence of relevant teaching experience in an education or training context
- Access to appropriate guidance and support
- On-going participation in related programme quality assurance processes
- A teaching or training qualification
Examples of teaching and training qualifications accepted to deliver and assess this course:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Certificate in Education (Cert Ed)
- Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong learning Sector (CTLLS)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF)
- Further and Adult Education Teachers Certificate
- S/NVQ level 3 in Training and Development or equivalent
- S/NVQ level 4 in Training and Development or equivalent
- IHCD Instructional Methods
- IHCD Instructor Certificate
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice
Note: This list is not exhaustive
Internal Quality Assurers
Internal Quality Assurers must:
Meet the criteria of the trainer as listed.
- Have working knowledge of the requirements of the qualification they are quality assuring at the time any assessment is taking place
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the role of assessors
- Visit and observe assessments and carry out other related internal quality assurance
Note: It is understood that not all IQAs will be qualified initially, and that sufficient time should be considered to achieve these qualifications. During this time centres should ensure that IQAs are following the principles set out in the current Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Assessment. This could be evidenced by holding a qualification such as:
- SQA Accredited Learning and Development Unit 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment
- RQF Qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Assessment
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- V1 or D34
Note: This list is not exhaustive.