This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to gain knowledge in Spectator Safety.
Course Duration: Typically 10 Days
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
Name: AoFAQ LEVEL 2 NVQ CERTIFICATE IN SPECTATOR SAFETY (RQF)
National Qualification Number: 601/7819/X
Guided Learning Hours: 29 (this qualification requires a minimum of 29 classroom hrs.)
Class size maximum: 12 Learners (1 Trainer)
* No charge is made for Learners who have failed to attain required standard to receive the award.
Unit 1: Help to manage conflict
Unit 2: Support the work of the team and the organisation
Unit 3: Prepare for Spectator Events
Unit 4: Deal with Accidents and Emergencies
Unit 5: Control the Entry, Exit and Movement of People at Spectator Events
Unit 6: Monitor Spectators and Deal with Crowd Problems
This qualification is assessed by the following means:
1. Assessment and Portfolio
Multiple choice questions are used to assess the learners underpinning knowledge. Question papers are available from the compliance department. Please read the instructions carefully.
AoFAQ Centre and Trainer Support Materials
The following is exclusively available from AoFAQ to support the qualification:
- This gives details of all the Learning Outcomes with Assessment Criteria and full requirements for the qualification.
Trainer, Assessor and IQA Requirements
Trainer, Assessor Requirements
Occupational Competence Requirements:
Trainers/Assessors must have achieved as a minimum:
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF),
- PTLLS, CTLLS or DTLLS
- Certificate in Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- SVQ Level 3 and 4 in Learning and Development
- An A1 or A2 qualification for Assessment purposes
Trainers/Assessors must also show occupational expertise, the SIA requires that:
- Trainers have 3 years front-line operational experience (relevant to their delivery of training) within the last 10 years.
- Be technically competent in spectator safety.
- Provide adequate evidence and understanding of the National Occupational Standard with the Assessment Specification.
- Undertake and be active in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their occupational expertise up to date. As guidance, a minimum of 30 hours CPD activity each year is required with evidence made available upon an External Quality Assurance visit. Suitable CPD activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attending relevant training events, conference as seminars
- Continuing work experience within their sector
- Increasing professional knowledge through home study
Internal Quality Assurers
Internal Quality Assurers must:
Occupational knowledge and competence in the subject ‐ evidenced by:
– Holding a relevant subject qualification or suitable experience
Knowledge and competency in internal quality assurance – evidenced by:
– Holding a qualification/completing CPD training or working towards a suitable qualification.
Internal Quality Assurers must:
– Have knowledge of the requirements of the qualification they
are quality assuring at the time any assessment is taking place.
– Have knowledge and understanding of the role of assessors.
– Visit and observe assessments.
– Carry out other related internal quality assurance.
Note: It is understood that not all IQA’s will be qualified initially, and that sufficient time should be considered to achieve these qualifications. During this time centres should ensure that IQA’s are following the principles set out in the current Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally monitor and maintain the quality of assessment. This could be evidenced by holding a qualification such as:
– SQA Accredited Learning and Development Unit 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment
– RQF Qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Assessment
– Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
– Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
– V1 or D34
Note: This list is not exhaustive.